How to Use the Render Farm
Prepare File for Submission
THESE INSTRUCTIONS APPLY TO RHINO 6 ONLY. TO USE THE RENDER FARM, PLEASE USE RHINO 6. RHINO 5 FILES WILL NOT RENDER!!
1) In the RENLIC (Z:) network share, create a folder with your Calnet ID. EG. Z:\[username]\...
2) In the folder you just created, make a folder called textures. EG. Z:\[username]\textures\... (OPTIONAL)
Submit File for Rendering
1) Open Rhino file from the Z:\ drive
2) Click on the deadline button to open submitter
3) Fill out the following areas (see picture below for references)
A) Comment (optional, but recommended)
C) Output file (must be in your folder)
4) Verify that V-Ray for Rhino is the selected Renderer
5) Select proper view pane for rendering
6) Hit submit button
Check Job status
From the start menu, locate the Deadline Monitor icon under the ThinkBox folder and select it. This is where you can check on your render status.
PLEASE NOTE: You will NOT see the progress bar move until your project is complete. This does not mean your job isn't running as Rhino and V-Ray do not pass progress information back to the scheduler. Please do not submit your job more than once. (We are working with ThinkBox to change this)