UC Berkeley College of Environmental Design > CED Help Desk > Knowledgebase

Search help:

Faculty -- CED Server Account and Domain Requests

  • Faculty can request server directory space and url accounts on the CED server for the following: research, symposiums, charettes, colloquiums and archive related materials.
  • Classroom websites are handled through the University's bcourses system.

To request a CED server directory and web address:

Open a ticket in the helpdesk system ( and mark it web maintenance/account. Please explain briefly what the use of the directory will be for and what url address you would like to use.

How the CED/Berkeley web address/url system works:

All directories now require a registered url (web address) with the University. These requests take several days. URLs fall into two categories. 

  1. If the program/event is CED related, the url will be (name) 
  2. If the program/event is research related, the url will be (name)

Please Note: We do not provide any web services on these accounts. You are responsible for building and maintaining any websites at these directory locations.

Was this article helpful? yes / no
Related articles Faculty -- Wordpress installation
Faculty -- Requesting Course Space on bCourses Server
Setting up bcal on iphone
My cardkey doesn't work...
Faculty -- File Data Storage and Data Transfer for Classes
Article details
Article ID: 78
Category: Web Services
Date added: 26-May-2015 10:36am
Views: 774
Rating (Votes): Article rated 3.5/5.0 (142)

« Go back